Friday, June 10, 2005

Fluffy Banana Cake

Having read so much about how nice this banana cake is, I just had to try it. I lifted the recipe of this Joanne's Fluffy Banana Cake from Edith's blog with a little modification. I hope Joanne doesn't mind me posting the recipe here, since I am not trying to make money out of it :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ingredients:
170g butter
170g caster sugar
2 eggs, large
3 tbsp milk (liquid)
1 tsp banana essence
3 large banana
240g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate soda

Method:
Cream butter & sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition. Add milk, banana essnece and banana, mix well. Sift flour, baking powder & bicarbonate soda and add to mixture. Bake at 180 degree celsius for 1 hour. Serve warm with whipped cream.

2 comments:

Ning's Mummy said...

Hi Jan,

Cream butter and sugar.. using the mixer izzit?

and than hor, you mentioned after adding egg, BEAT well after each addition, beat with hand or the mixer huh?

I'm trying this for the 1st first time.. thanks!

J said...

Hi ning's mummy,
yes, use mixer for everthing
good luck with your baking :)